Art therapy is based on the idea that the creative process of art making facilitates reparation and recovery. Like other forms of psychotherapy and counseling, art therapy is used to encourage personal growth. Creative activity has an inherent ability to help people of all ages explore emotions and beliefs, create meaning and achieve understanding (insight), resolve problems and conflicts, find relief from overwhelming emotions or trauma, reduce stress and enhance the sense of well-being. In art therapy the therapeutic process is more important than the created product and it is believed that all individuals have the capacity to express themselves creatively.
Art therapy intervention stands out in 3 areas:
- Mental health
- Community Psychiatry
- Alimentation pathologies (anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder)
- Behaviour disorders
- Emotional disorders
- Substance abuse, addictions (alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling and new technologies)
- Terminal illness
- Oncologic and haemato-oncological diseases
- Psychosomatic illness
- Skin disease
- Autism and Generalized Developmental Disorders
- Developmental difficulties
- Ethnic minorities
- Marginal groups
- Elderly persons
- Adoption processes
- Gender violence
- Adolescents processes
- Juvenile violence
- Social maladjustment and exclusión
- Academic failure
- High capacities
- School absenteeism
- Early Care
- Language and speech problems
The art therapy session is made of 3 therapeutic tempos – introduction & warm-up, main art activity and discussion & ending – plus some time to photograph works and pick-up materials.
- Group sessions. Small groups.
- Open and continual sessions, meaning that there are no determinate number of sessions and that a participant may leave the group or enter the group when they want.
- Weekly sessions of one and a half hours in a welcoming, safe and quiet setting.
- The art therapist accompanies, advices, assists and conducts the session en every moment.
- Easy to use artistic supplies and techniques are employed by the participants to create their expressive works through play and experiment according to the suggestions or guidelines indicated by the therapist.
- We also offer one hour individual sessions.
IMPORTANT: THESE ARE NOT ART CLASSES, NOR DRAWING OR PAINTING CLASSES AND ONE DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PAINT OR DRAW TO BENEFIT FROM THIS THERAPY.
Group: 50 Euros a month, includes the supplies.
Individual: 60 Euros a month, includes the supplies.
First session is free for each new participant. Couples, families, associations and clubs will benefit from a 10% discount. Upon purchase of an 8 sessions card, a 10% discount will be applied.